- An applicant or referring agency turns in a Prospective Resident Application. The application is now on the Prospective Resident List.
- After turning in the application, the applicant/referring agency needs to obtain the seven documents requiredfor admission:
- Picture ID,
- Social Security card,
- Criminal Background Check,
- Proof of Physical Exam (within the last 60 days),
- Prescriber Letter for Medication (on Hope Haven’s form),
- Proof of recent TB Test Results, and
- Verification of Homelessness Letter.
All documents should be faxed as soon as possible to Admissions Department, Resident Information Specialist, at 1-866-763-9509;
- After turning in the application, the applicant/referring agency also needs to call the Admissions Status Line (704-372-8809 ext. 412) every other week to ensure that their name remains on the Prospective Resident List. They should leave updated contact info and their progress in acquiring and turning in their required documents.
- Once the applicant has turned in all required documents to Hope Haven, the interviewer of the prospective program will contact the applicant for an initial interview. If the applicant is approved for admission, then the applicant will be notified when a bed becomes available.
How to get the required documentation
- For a Picture ID, visit the NC DMV at 8446 N. Tryon St., Charlotte, 28213; (704) 547-5786; If you are outside of Mecklenburg county, you may contact the NC DMV Headquarters at (919) 715-7000 to locate a DMV near you;
- For a Social Security Card, you may go to 5800 Executive Center Dr., Charlotte, 28212; or call Toll Free (800) 772-1213 to locate an office near you;
- For a Criminal Background Report, please go to the Clerk of Superior Court Building located at 832 East 4th St., Charlotte. The cost is $25. If you are outside of Mecklenburg county, you may contact your local Clerk of Superior Court’s office in your county;
- For a TB test and Physical Exam, you can visit the Mecklenburg County Health Department located at 2845 Beatties Ford Rd., Charlotte, 28216; appointments required. Call 704-432-2490 for details. If you are outside of Mecklenburg County, please contact your local Health Department;